how to find the cause of restart of my debian 7 machine.

my machine was ON for several weeks but today it restarted for unknown reason. now it is working find. since the server is restarted there are too many log entries in var/log/messager and syslog as startup events. is there any easy way to reach the specific entry related to the event.
i have search keywords like "error" and others in the log that i was expecting but failed.

Thanks,
Yousuf