Re: Valuing non-code contributions -- was Re: systemd - so much energy wasted in quarreling

On Tue, 11 Nov 2014, Rob Owens wrote:
> This type of comment says to me that my contributions to Debian are
> useless if they are not in the form of code.

https://contributors.debian.org/ is everyone who we know has contributed
to Debian in one of the ways that we currently measure. [Granted, it's
not complete, but people are working on it.]

See https://contributors.debian.org/contributor/don%40debian for
example.

All kinds of contributions to Debian are welcome.

But that said, at the end of the day, someone has to do the work.
Whether it's the work writing documentation, filing bugs, writing
patches, testing patches, answering questions, or helping others, if no
one does the work, the work doesn't get done.

When I (or someone else) asks people to "show us the code", it's really
just shorthand for "someone needs to do this work, and it currently
isn't important enough for me to do it."

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
 -- Robert Heinlein