WD Passport 2T hard drive formating question.

Hi folks,

I've purchased a new WD Passport 2T USB hard drive, which, no doubts,came
formated NTFS. I've used GParted to quickly format the drive to Ext4 and
results surprised me quite a bit (all results as reported by GParted):

File system NTFS
----------------
Total capacity		- 1.82   TiB
Used by file system	- 122.66 MiB (?)

File system Ext4
Total capacity		- 1.82   TiB
Used by file system	- 29.42  GiB (?)

Thus NTFS reported using about 240 times less space then Ext4 file
system. The loss of the drive space is just huge. It's about 29 GB.

Is it normal? Or GParted is a wrong tool to use, while formatting 2T hard
drive? I've never used such big HDD before, hence a confusion.

Could somebody enlighten me on the subject, please?

Thanks.