Re: Joey Hess is out?

Andrew McGlashan <andrew.mcglashan@affinityvision.com.au> writes:

> On 8/11/2014 7:51 PM, Mart van de Wege wrote:
>> The fact that the Constitution is being used to ram a GR down the
>> developers' throats two weeks before Jessie freeze may have a teensy bit
>> to do wit that?
>
> Maybe so, but that in itself is sad.  I'm sure this wouldn't be the only
> reason though.
>
> I would rather it be done right [release...], than be done by an
> otherwise /not/ necessary arbitrary date for a freeze.
>
> The problems have been festering for a great deal of time, why a GR
> wasn't managed earlier is a different issue, also of concern.

Quite frankly, I'm disgusted. A developer with a lot of contributions is
chased away by the noise made by a bunch of whiners who can't even be
bothered to set up a test server.

And because some devs want to placate those whiners, we get interminable
political games and good people quitting the project.

Why don't the anti-systemd people do what they've been threatening the
whole time and fuck off to another distro or to FreeBSD?

Mart

    --- AJS, quoting an uncertain source.