Configuring the Desktop

I have recently moved to Debian.

InSolydX, a Debian derivative, there is a  Single Click button in desktop > desktop settings > icons to activate single-click opening of a desktop file; how do I get this single-click opening of a desktop file in Debian-XFCE ?

In spite of my home.desktop file reading "Exec=pcmanfm" the Home folder opens when (double-)clicked with Thunar and not Pcmanfm, which I prefer. How do I get it to open with Pcmanfm ?

(If possible with something less violent than "# rm /usr/bin/thunar && ln -s /usr/bin/pcmanfm /usr/bin/thunar"

Cheers,

Ron.
--
                   Intolerance is itself a form of violence
          and an obstacle to the growth of a true democratic spirit.