Re: Preventing the computer from shutting down.

Thanks everybody for their help. I will use molly-guard to guard from accidental shut down from the CLI. Is there something like molly-guard for the LXDE power off/close session button?.

I must clarify that what I mean by “preventing the computer from shutting down” is preventing the operator from inadvertently shutting down or rebooting the system while it is undergoing a backup.