Re: Preventing the computer from shutting down.

Mario Castelán Castro <marioxcc.MT@yandex.com> writes:

> Hello.
>
> I can set up a script for backup with cron or anacron, but how can I
> prevent the computer from shutting down while the backup is being
> performed so as to not to leave it incomplete?.

I'd try to fix the bug that makes it shut down.  Do you have broken
hardware or power failures, or is there something running that randomly
shuts it down?

PS: Look into /etc/X11 for some freedesktop.org directory.  It may have
some policy xml files you could modify to disable the shutdown.

--
Again we must be afraid of speaking of daemons for fear that daemons
might swallow us.  Finally, this fear has become reasonable.