Re: Preventing the computer from shutting down.

Hi

On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 02:02:49PM -0600, Mario Castelán Castro wrote:
> Thanks you Doug, Don and Laurent. Is there a less hacky way to do
> this using the default init system in wheezy?

I think that you can get *some* of the way by installing the
molly-guard package.

Although molly-guard is primarily aimed towards preventing system
administrators from blowing their feet off, it does allow the system
adminstrator to add in scripts in /etc/molly-guard/run.d which can
prevent "shutdown" or "poweroff" from working.

It's a safety net - not a guarantee. And it is reasonably simple to
bypass by a half-competent admin.

I doubt this affects the LXDE power off button though. (I do not use
LXDE).

Hope this helps

--
Karl E. Jorgensen