Re: terminal spreadsheet - sc fork

On 10/30/2014 06:23 PM, Andrés Martinelli wrote:
Hello there!!
I am working on a terminal spreadsheet based on "sc", but with some adds
like undo/redo..
you can find it here:

https://github.com/andmarti1424/scim

Any new ideas and/or contribution is always welcome!
Thanks!

This is so cool! I wish you good luck. A decent spreadsheet is about the last regular application (i.e. not a Web application / browser) that I need to convince my wife to go to a simpler operating system. Undo / redo were tops on my list for improvements when I tested sc.

The only "con" I can see for the application name is that it might confuse people who are looking for the "smart common input method" platform / SCIM.

Heh. I wonder if you could do an ncurses-based "fork" of gnucash!

Yeah, I know. Kinda ambitious. I like being ambitious when other people are doing the work.

;-)

Again, good luck. This is a fantastic development.

Jape