Re: LZ4 decompression on Boot

On 2014-10-30 07:53, Andre Massena wrote:
> There is no "-l" (streaming) switch available on the r122 version of LZ4 I
> am running.
>
> I have see the "-l" option mentioned in other (non-Debian) forums however.
>

> Regards,
>

> Andre

This is what i get in jessie's lz4, version 0.0~r122-2:

root@jessie:~# lz4 -h
*** LZ4 Compression CLI 64-bits r122, by Yann Collet (Sep 18 2014) ***

[snip]

Advanced arguments :
 -V     : display Version number and exit
 -v     : verbose mode
 -q     : suppress warnings; specify twice to suppress errors too
 -c     : force write to standard output, even if it is the console
 -t     : test compressed file integrity
 -l     : compress using Legacy format (Linux kernel compression)

> En réponse à Vanessa Blöchinger <vanessa.bloechinger@ulukai.org> :
>> ------------------ Début du message d'origine --------------------
>>
>> On 2014-10-29 10:22, Andre Massena wrote:
>>> Hello all,
>>>

>>> having trawled through several search engines and perused various Debian lists, I am still in the dark...
>>>
>>> I am running Debian Jessie (Kernel 3.17.1) on a Thinkpad X230. I would like to use LZ4 to compress/decompress the kernel on booting.
>>> As per apt-get, the release of liblz4-1 I am running is r122-2.
>>> I have the following kernel settings -
>>>
>>> CONFIG_HAVE_KERNEL_LZ4=y
>>> CONFIG_KERNEL_LZ4=y
>>> CONFIG_KERNEL_LZ4=y