LZ4 decompression on Boot

Hello all,

having trawled through several search engines and perused various Debian
lists, I am still in the dark...

I am running Debian Jessie (Kernel 3.17.1) on a Thinkpad X230. I would like
to use LZ4 to compress/decompress the kernel on booting.
As per apt-get, the release of liblz4-1 I am running is r122-2.

I have the following kernel settings -

CONFIG_HAVE_KERNEL_LZ4=y
CONFIG_KERNEL_LZ4=y
CONFIG_KERNEL_LZ4=y
CONFIG_ZRAM_LZ4_COMPRESS=y
CONFIG_CRYPTO_LZ4=y
CONFIG_CRYPTO_LZ4HC=y
CONFIG_LZ4_COMPRESS=y
CONFIG_LZ4HC_COMPRESS=y
CONFIG_LZ4_DECOMPRESS=y
CONFIG_DECOMPRESS_LZ4=y

in /etc/initramfs-tools/conf.d I have a file called "lz4" which contains the
line
COMPRESS=lz4c.
I subsequently run update-initramfs with the appropriate switches and reboot.

Result is a "initramfs unpacking failed: junk in compiled archive" message
at boot.

Does anyone have an idea what I might have done wrong/incorrect or indeed
any pointers?

Regards,

Andre

www.lavache.com : l'email gratuit sans pub, vachement meuh.