Canoscan Lide 210 Scanner

This is not Debian specific, but as I experienced it on Debian and initially thought that it might be a Debian problem, it may help some other users.

I recently bought the scanner specified in the subject line after reading that the saned team claims it has "complete"  support. I first tried it out on my Desktop which has something like 8 usb2 ports.  I had limited success and was frustrated.  Then I took it to work and tested it with my work laptop with 4 usb2 ports and it worked without a problem.

At home I tested it on my other Debian laptop which have two usb3-ports and two usb2 ports.  On the USB-3 port I experienced the same problems I had on my Desktop.  Moving the connection to a usb2-port everything worked as expected.

My thought on this is that on the Desktop there was not enough power coming through the usb-port and on the usb3-port there the power was too much.

This scanner only works with the electricity it gets through the usb-connection.

Regards
Johann

--
Because experiencing your loyal love is better than life itself,
my lips will praise you.  (Psalm 63:3)