Re: Lets make `eudev + uselessd` Debian packages?

On 10/27/2014 10:20 PM, Martinx - ジェームズ <thiagocmartinsc@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
>  I would like to evaluate both `eudev` (or any other *udev), plus
> `uselessd`, on Debian sid/testing.
>
>  Lets do it?!
>
>  I' m planning to achieve, at least, "CGroups Process" with `uselessd`
> (no init scripts).

I would strongly encourage you to get in touch with the eudev
maintainers and offer to help.

The biggest criticism I heard on the gentoo list when eudev was forked
from udev (by a couple of gentoo devs a long time ago when systemd
consumed udev) - by systemd proponents - and actually, it was more
snarky derisive remarks - was that eudev was not keeping up with all of
the 'improvements' that were being pushed into udev by the systemd devs,
and so the systems of anyone using eudev were somehow less secure and/or
at risk...

So, the first thing to do is start helping out the eudev devs to get it
fully up to date with the current state (non-systemd-related) of the
mainline udev, and see what can be done about keeping it there (at least
with respect to anything critical/important)...

Who knows, uselessd+eudev may become the new default gentoo init system,
and alternative init system for anyone wanting a systemd-less system.

I imagine there would at the very least have to also be maintained
something like the systemd-shim, that would act as the interface for
programs that require systemd, to provide an alternate means of
accomplishing whatever is needed by the dependency.