systemd vs init

this email is intended for my learning purpose only.

i am a debian user for many years and have been working on different services.i am not a high level linux kernel hacker just working like a normal system admin as they suppose to work. however
 now a days i am hearing too much about systemd vs init  fights which is capturing my attention. actually i know the use of initd and what it is actually doing i have heard that systemd is replacing init.d which is fine too. but why many people are against systemd. just like http://debianfork.org/ why they are against this change. can some one please explain.

when we talk about debian forks we talk about OS like ubuntu and mint. why people considering the addition of systemd as a fork?

Thanks,
Yousuf