Re: Debian and upstream choices

On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 08:07:50PM +0100, lee wrote:

> The point is that I was right and you were wrong.  It wasn't right
> of you to so strongly urge people to "take issues upstream".  It's not
> as easy to "faciliate change" as you seem to think.

Now I know what the following joke means:

"There is a man on his hands and knees searching around him. A man comes
along and asks what is the problem. He says I've lost 10 dollars, so the
man bends down and starts helping him look. After a while of futile
searching the man says, hmmm, this isn't getting us anywhere; where did
you lose it. The man replies, Further on up the road, but the light's
better here."

There's not much debian-user can do about facilitating change whether
upstream is receptive or not.

oppressing." --- Malcolm X