Re: Debian and upstream choices

Martin Steigerwald <Martin@lichtvoll.de> writes:

> Please do not Cc me personally.
>
> Hello Lee,
>
> Am Montag, 27. Oktober 2014, 00:05:03 schrieb lee:
>> Martin Steigerwald <Martin@lichtvoll.de> writes:
>> > Maybe I failed at avoiding personal attacks, but I still think I didn´t.
>> > On
>> > any account, my attempt to bring this upstream did not produce the outcome
>> > I wanted to produce, so I stopped it.
>>
>> Well, remember what I told you?
>
> Well yes.
>
> You didn´t know the outcome. I didn´t either. You guessed. Unfortunately the
> outcome was more as you guessed than as I hoped.
>
> So what actually is the point.

The point is that I was right and you were wrong.  It wasn't right
of you to so strongly urge people to "take issues upstream".  It's not
as easy to "faciliate change" as you seem to think.

--
Again we must be afraid of speaking of daemons for fear that daemons
might swallow us.  Finally, this fear has become reasonable.