Re: Jessie: Weekly or Beta?

softwatt:

>> That's four different methods to boot the normal Debian installer, not
>> four different installers.
>
> That's exactly my point.

Ah, ok. Technically, there is only one d-i but it comes in several
different images not all of which are ISOs. There's at least the
boot.img.gz for USB drives and the tftpboot.img.

Apart from d-i you can also use debootstrap to install Debian, but you
need another running system for that. And there's FAI which IIRC started
as a Debian-only solution. I am not aware of any other installers.

J.
--
I wish I could achieve a 'just stepped out of the salon' look more
often. Or at least once.