Re: Jessie: Weekly or Beta?

softwatt:

> I am interesting in using Jessie.
> The Debian page at https://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/
> presents me with 4 ISO's: Beta 1, Beta 2, Weekly, Daily.
>
> When it comes to stability, which one is the best?

What do you mean exactly when you say "stability"?

The latest beta has known issues here:
https://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/errata

The dailies/wweeklies might not have these issues anymore but may have
others. I'd just try the most current daily build. I expect it to work
for most cases.

> Also, a sub question: the following line confuses me: "Installing with
> the Debian-Installer". I am assuming the "installer" is the bootable ISO
> file. The title seems to imply there are other ways to install Debian.
> are there?

From the bottom of the page you linked to:

| If you read only one document before installing, read our Installation
| Howto, a quick walkthrough of the installation process.
http://d-i.debian.org/manual/en.i386/apa.html

It mentions four installation methods.

J.
--
I am no longer prepared to give you the benefit of the doubt.
[Agree]   [Disagree]