Re: Jessie: Weekly or Beta?

On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 2:25 PM, softwatt <softwatt@gmx.com> wrote:
> On 10/27/2014 07:53 PM, Jochen Spieker wrote:> I'd just try the most
> current daily build. I expect it to work
>> for most cases.
>
> On 10/27/2014 07:56 PM, Eric Sharkey wrote:
>> If you want to try it out, the latest named
>> beta release is probably the next best.
>

> Those are two conflicting opinions, and that's exactly my dilemma. Both
> claims have a reasonable rationale behind them, but which one is right
> in practice?

It's kind of like asking which size shirt should you buy: small,
medium, or large?  Which one is right depends a lot on who you are.

I run unstable at home, but I've been using Debian for 19 years and
feel confident in my abilities to handle any breakage, at least well
enough to get the machine to hobble along, and if not, it's not the
end of the world.  It's not an enterprise production environment.
What's right for me in my environment might not be right for you in
yours.

Eric