Re: iceweasel "Video can't be played because the file is corrupt"

---------------------------------- 8< ----------------------------------
>> Look again - the version of Iceweasel in stable is 31.2.0, Debian has
>> started to provide the ESR version of Iceweasel to the stable Debian
>> release. I have no idea where you got that 3.15.6 version information
>> from.
>>
>> To be specific: 31.2.0esr-2~deb7u1.
>
>Uhh, maybe look yet again. Mine says 24.6.0. To make sure I just ran
>apt-get update && apt-get upgrade with no change to browser or system.

What architecture is your system? Do you have the security repository
in your /etc/apt/sources.list?

If you are running on (amongst a few other architecures) amd64 or i386,
and have a line like

deb http://security.debian.org/ wheezy/updates main

in your sources.list, you should get the 31.2.0esr-2~deb7u1 version.

-- Andreas Rönnquist
mailinglists@gusnan.se
gusnan@gusnan.se