Re: iceweasel "Video can't be played because the file is corrupt"

On Sun, 26 Oct 2014 19:23:13 +0000,
Brad Rogers<brad@fineby.me.uk> wrote:

>On Sun, 26 Oct 2014 18:56:12 +0000
>"St-Laurent, Pierre" <pstlaure@odu.edu> wrote:
>
>Hello Pierre,
>
>>Thanks Brad for giving it a try.
>
>You're welcome.
>
>>I think this confirms that the problem only affects stable (wheezy).
>
>I had to look up the version supplied in stable.  At v3.15.6 it's
>/ancient/ in browser terms.
>
>>As a side note, the video runs fine on Internet Explorer and on
>>Android.
>
>You don't say which versions of IE or Android browser you're using, but
>I'll bet they're more recent than the version of Iceweasel you're
>running.  I hate to say, it, but that's a bit like comparing apples and
>oranges.

Look again - the version of Iceweasel in stable is 31.2.0, Debian has
started to provide the ESR version of Iceweasel to the stable Debian
release. I have no idea where you got that 3.15.6 version information
from.

To be specific: 31.2.0esr-2~deb7u1.

-- Andreas Rönnquist
mailinglists@gusnan.se