Re: Perfect Jessie is something like this...

Στις 27-10-2014 16:05, Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis έγραψε:
Στις 27-10-2014 14:53, Christian Seiler έγραψε:
To me a lot of the anti-systemd response here seems to be a purely
gut-driven emotional response. I realize that what kind of preferences
we have in the software we want to use has a large emotional component.
For example, I don't think you can put my opinion of GNOME into purely
technical terms.[3] So I don't think that it's a bad thing for people to
say "I am emotionally attached to sysvinit and want to keep using it",
but to rant against a dependency on something that DOES NOT PREVENT YOU
from doing so, doesn't seem to be a very rational way of going about
things to me.

A quick search reveals the following.

I've a software that use libuuid. Until now, the uuidd had the ability
to start on-demand the uuidd if the later, quotting "... setuid to an
unprivileged user (e.g. uuidd:uuidd)".

After that commit[1], i'm forced to use systemd, if i don't want to
start uuidd from the beginning. That's new for me...

[1] http://www.spinics.net/lists/util-linux-ng/msg09698.html

fix: ... Until now, the libuuid had the ability to start on-demand the uuidd ...

My point is that, systemd and it's ecosystem, pollutes my favourite OS. Plain and simple. It's too intrusive.

Regards,
--
Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis