Re: download files from iceweasel using kdialog

Apologies - I forgot to include this this:-

Previously I have had the *alternative* file picker thingy (I assume
that's what you meant by "kdialog") working instead of the default
iceweasel one - but the experience was flaky and breaks on upgrades.

NOTE: it *still* uses GTK not QT. Use an Iceweasel theme and KDE QT
configurator to make it "look" like QT.

about:config -> filter for "ui.allow_platform_file_picker"
set the boolean value to "false" (double-click on it)

see "kdialog --help | more " for what kdialog actually is - it does
include a filepicker.

Using the KDE print dialog is possible though.

On 19/10/14 22:51, Scott Ferguson wrote:
> On 19/10/14 23:32, kamaraju kusumanchi wrote:
>> When I download a file via chromium, it uses kdialog to figure out where
>> the file is supposed to be stored on the disk. I find this GUI to be
>> very intuitive compared to what iceweasel uses for choosing the file
>> location.
>>
>> Is there any way to tell iceweasel to use kdialog to choose the file
>> location when I try to download something?
>
> x/y problem? :)
>
> Here's how to both set a default download location *and* get a download
> location choice every time you download.

Kind regards