Re: Keep using Debian without GNOME and SystemD

Στις 21-10-2014, ημέρα Τρι, και ώρα 23:55 -0700, ο/η Rusi Mody έγραψε:
> On Wednesday, October 22, 2014 12:00:04 PM UTC+5:30, Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> >   after spending two days trying unsuccesfuly to have a usable Jessie with one of the defaults DE
> > and with no systemd utilities, i decided the following. In the companie's pc's i support, i'll continue with
> > Wheezy and if there is no a clear path to Jessie without a trace of systemd until Wheezy's support lifetime then
> > bye - bye Debian.
> >   I'm even considering to try hard to convince those companies to contribute to LTS for Wheezy to keep it alive
> > and systemd free for as long it's possible.
>
> gnome and systemd are tightly coupled
>
> For the rest, if you cant remove systemd (with say xfce or mate or...)
> please post here the details, so others can verify/correct the dependencies

What details do you think are neccecary ?

  Just grab a DI-b2 img, install xfce or lxde ( with the menu or with
desktop= .... doesn't matter ) and then try to remove *all* the systemd
utilities / libraries etc.

At least I ( and others as i read in the "Perfect Jessie is something
like this" thread .. ) wasn't able to find the correct formula to remove
all systemd ecosystem.

regards

--
Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis <d.ioannidis@nephelae.eu>