Re: [exim4] Testing and making sense of smtp output

No. It will rewrite user to user@example.com. If the envelope To is set
to user@debian.lan it will not be touched.

> > primary_hostname is used as the HELO but Debian doesn't set it.
>
> That's what I said?

You may have done. I was trying to say there is nowhere in the Debian
configuration where primary_hostname as such could be specified.