Re: GR proposed re: choice of init systems

On 20/10/14 04:03, Martin Read wrote:
> On 19/10/14 17:45, Rusi Mody wrote:
>> As for 'wounded ego': Do you have a wounded ego if a dead branch
>> falls and smashes the windshield of your car? Or a Tsunami knocks
>> off your seafront house?
>>
>> If you are taking offense, who are you offended by? Debian is not a
>> person (as far as I know!)
>
> Debian is a project created by a group of people.
>
> It is not a force of nature.

And "user/tester" rights?
Problematic.... to a degree all consumers are users and can/do provide
feedback. I'm not unsympathetic, just unsure of where the
"responsibility" lies, particularly with FOSS - and wary of unrealistic
expectations.
Since analogies are being deployed:- If I find a piece of machinery
unsatisfactory I will let the manufacturer know - but getting a say in
the direction of the company, even when overlooking the problems of
satisfying a diversity of opinion, is not possible without at least the
purchase of a share or a position in the company. I could organise a
protest in the car park - but if my demands are unreasonable I may
succeed in changing the company direction at the cost of driving the
business - out of business.

Just some thoughts on the difficulties that would have to be dealt with
to achieve a successful outcome - for all involved.

Kind regards

--
"They say we destroy the things we love, but really the things we love
destroy us."