Fwd: download files from iceweasel using kdialog

On Sun, Oct 19, 2014 at 8:29 AM, Scott Ferguson <scott.ferguson.debian.user@gmail.com> wrote:
On 20/10/14 00:16, kamaraju kusumanchi wrote:

> I think you misunderstood my question.

No, but I did split the post into two parts (hit send too early). See
the second post for details on how to change the file chooser.

ok.

> I am aware of all this. But the
> file dialog you get when trying to save the files (after doing all of
> the above) is not very intuitive. Instead of this, I want kdialog to
> popup. To understand what I mean, try downloading a file from chromium
> and compare the widgets used by iceweasel.

You're comparing GTK (old and crusty) with QT (new and fast). Apples and
Oranges somewhat. Firefox has long been talking about refactoring and
recoding with QT, and SUSe has done some work on integrating it with KDE
more - but so far nothing easily workable has arrived.

I see. So, what I am looking for is probably not possible currently. In any case thanks for the help.

raju
--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
http://malayamaarutham.blogspot.com/