Re: Installation disks

On 17/10/14 01:01 PM, seeman doy wrote:
hello there,,,i had read Edward is just starting an installation,,,i had started my installation of debian wheezy using the first CD of debian stable...I don't have any idea what it looks like after installing it,,,can u send me a picture or a screenshot after installing the first cd of debian stable....it was said that the first cd contains all the basic apts including the netinst...what coming out in my screen after I log in is my hostname....im expecting of more on graphical not more on commands coz its my first time...thanks...

Sounds like you didn't install the desktop environment. After logging in, run tasksel and select the desktop you want. You should be root to do this, so either su to root if you are using a root account or run sudo tasksel if you didn't set up a root account.