Re: GR proposed re: choice of init systems

On Sat, 18 Oct 2014 10:20:25 +0900
Joel Rees <joel.rees@gmail.com> wrote:

> According to what I understand as an engineer, everything that systemd
> does beyond the minimum (in other words, beyond being the ultimate
> backstop for signals and dying orphaned processes) should be
> delegated.

I would add that it should be delegated to an interchangeable part
through a well-specified thin interface, without global variables like
dbus. Or, if there *must* be a global variable, at least make it
purposed only for interaction between init and program, and not used by
my music player to announce song titles.

SteveT