Re: how to shutdown in less than 8 minutes

On Fri, 17 Oct 2014, Peter Viskup wrote:

Hi Pierre,
you can answer your question by yourself by having a look into directory /lib/systemd/system and read systemctl man
page.
Small hint could be to run 'systemctl -a -t service' command.
Some more information about systemd in Debain can be read on Wiki https://wiki.debian.org/systemd.
Hope this helps.

  hi Peter,
  It's a good practice to tell people how they can help themselves, and it should be encouraged,
  but in some cases it's not enough, like in the present case.
  I already looked at
         https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/autostarting#Systemd
         which says:

            systemd is the default init framework, replacing initscripts. The
            services which are started by systemd can be found in the subfolders
            of /etc/systemd/system/.

         I found nothing about samba in any of these subfolders

         https://wiki.debian.org/systemd.
         didn't tell me either where I can find where the launch of the nmbs ans smbd daemons is triggered.

   running: systemctl -a -t service | grep samba gives:
       samba.service    loaded    inactive dead    LSB: ensure Samba daemons are started (nmbd and smbd)
   This still not answers to my question.

   Looking in /usr/lib/systemd/user/ /etc/systemd/user/ gave nothing.

   I must add that before getting the fix with "update-rc.d xx remove", I tried to make a bug report against systemd,
   and then discovered that there were already 261 reported bugs! That discouraged me to continue.

best regards,
--
Pierre Frenkiel