Re: Who is systemd-gpt-auto-generator, and why does s/he not like my partition table?

On 10/15/2014 02:45 PM, Jape Person wrote:
On 10/15/2014 01:38 PM, Don Armstrong wrote:
On Wed, 15 Oct 2014, Sven Joachim wrote:
I don't think there is actually an I/O error here, looking at the code
systemd-gpt-auto-generator makes this error up:

,----
|         errno = 0;
|         r = blkid_probe_lookup_value(b, "PTTYPE", &pttype, NULL);
|         if (r != 0) {
|                 if (errno == 0)
|                         errno = EIO;
|                 log_error("Failed to determine partition table type of %s: %m", node);
|                 return -errno;
`----

Somebody who is familiar with libblkid (i.e. not me) might explain why
blkid_probe_lookup_value() apparently failed but did not set errno.

Great catch. Yeah, blkid_probe_lookup_value apparently just returns -1
on all errors, regardless of what the error was.

This is probably a bug in systemd-gpt-auto-generator, but upstream (and
the maintainer) would know much more than I.

Thank you, both!

I'll see if I can file a cogent bug report.

Please let me know if you have particular suggestions about that.

Just wanted to note that I did file a bug report (765586@bugs.debian.org). It was even almost cogent, except for the part where I pasted the contents of /etc/fstab into the template area after I had already given bugreport permission to gather that information itself! Der!

Again, thanks to Sven and Don for your interest.

Jape