Re: how to identify reverse dependencies?

On 10/15/2014 at 05:29 PM, Andrei POPESCU wrote:

> On Mi, 15 oct 14, 18:22:28, Slavko wrote:
>
>> Dňa Wed, 15 Oct 2014 10:31:02 +0300 Andrei POPESCU
>> <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> napísal:
>>
>>> Using Debian package dependencies this is expressed as Depends:
>>> libpam-systemd by those packages that actually require those
>>> interfaces
>>>
>>> $ aptitude search '?depends(libpam-systemd)'
>>
>> Not always right results:
>>
>> aptitude search -w 60 -F "%c%a %p %v" '~i?depends(libsystemd0)'
>
> This is not the same thing. Admittedly the package description could
> be improved, but as far as I understand the library is meant for
> programs that want to take advantage of some of the more advanced
> features of systemd, like socket activation or the readiness
> protocol.
>
> You could compare it with libselinux. Just because a particular
> program builds against libselinux doesn't mean SELinux is in use in
> any way on your system.

I think his point was that even though dbus comes up in the list of
results from that command, the dbus package on that system does not list
any dependency on libsystemd0.

IOW, I think he wasn't talking about systemd per se, but about apparent
false-positive results from the aptitude reverse-dependency search.

--
   The Wanderer