Re: how to identify reverse dependencies?

On Mi, 15 oct 14, 18:22:28, Slavko wrote:
> Dňa Wed, 15 Oct 2014 10:31:02 +0300 Andrei POPESCU
> <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> napísal:
>
> > Using Debian package dependencies this is expressed as
> > Depends: libpam-systemd by those packages that actually require those
> > interfaces
> >
> > $ aptitude search '?depends(libpam-systemd)'
>
> Not always right results:
>
> aptitude search -w 60 -F "%c%a %p %v" '~i?depends(libsystemd0)'

This is not the same thing. Admittedly the package description could be
improved, but as far as I understand the library is meant for programs
that want to take advantage of some of the more advanced features of
systemd, like socket activation or the readiness protocol.

You could compare it with libselinux. Just because a particular program
builds against libselinux doesn't mean SELinux is in use in any way on
your system.

Kind regards,
Andrei