Re: piece of mind (Re: Moderated posts?)

On 10/14/2014 at 04:35 PM, Andrei POPESCU wrote:

> On Ma, 14 oct 14, 09:55:55, The Wanderer wrote:
>
>> I could, but that would have to be re-done on every upgrade of the
>> package, and doing it on every machine where I'm likely to want to
>> work in a root shell would be a pain at best - and doing it on just
>> some of them would result in my tripping over the inconsistency
>> when I happen to use one where it hasn't been done, which defeats
>> the entire point.
>
> dpkg-divert(8)

That's a thought; I thought there might be a way of doing something like
this, but I couldn't think of one or dig one up.

It's still not a perfect solution for a few reasons, but I'll look into
doing it that way, and see whether it works well enough for my purposes.
Thanks for the suggestion!

--
   The Wanderer