Re: piece of mind (Re: Moderated posts?)

On 10/14/2014 at 09:44 AM, Carl Fink wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 09:08:06AM -0400, The Wanderer wrote:
>
>> In my case, I don't install popcon because it pollutes the
>> tab-completion namespace for 'popd' in a root shell. That
>> interferes with my workflow to the point that I've reluctantly
>> decided to just not install popcon - with the unfortunate side
>> effect that my package preferences don't get counted in this kind
>> of statistics.
>
> Pardon a simple-minded question: can't you just _rename_ popcon?

I could, but that would have to be re-done on every upgrade of the
package, and doing it on every machine where I'm likely to want to work
in a root shell would be a pain at best - and doing it on just some of
them would result in my tripping over the inconsistency when I happen to
use one where it hasn't been done, which defeats the entire point.

--
   The Wanderer