Re: Recipient validation - WAS: Re: Moderated posts?

On 10/14/2014 1:31 PM, Joel Rees <joel.rees@gmail.com> wrote:
> You're talking past each other.

No, we're not, Jerry is arguing arguing against recipient validation on
mail servers, and I'm correcting some of the bad/mis-information he is
relying on when trying to support his argument.

> Still, the current "standard" e-mail protocols were never meant to be
> either reliable or secure, and their is a very good reason for that.
> People may not be as reliable as machines in executing protocols, but
> they cannot be 100% reliable, and only people can certify things.

And since neither of us said anything to the contrary, and in fact
admitted pretty much just that, your 'me too!' is duly noted.