Re: piece of mind (Re: Moderated posts?)

Jonathan Dowland wrote:
On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 07:46:11PM -0400, Miles Fidelman wrote:
I assume you find it more productive to bury your head in the sand
about potential impacts of really major changes to the plumbing of a
platform, and wait for things to break after-the-fact?
I suspect Steve will continue to work hard on CD image generation, as he
has done for many years, so you have media from which to install Debian
from, rather than burying his head in the sand.

You are still writing as if you are going to be forced to run systemd, despite
being repeatedly told that multiple init systems will be supported. I'm really
struggling to continue to presume "good faith" on your part now.

And how is drilling down into plans for the installer a lack of good faith - given that the issue of how upgrades and clean installs will be handled is apparently still up in the air?

Those of us who run production systems have to, you know, PLAN for transitions, and worry about things like continuity of operations - understanding what an install will look like for Jessie, and understanding what pitfalls to look out for - seems a perfectly legitimate question to address.

Miles Fidelman