Re: Moderated posts?

On Sun, Oct 12, 2014 at 11:28 PM, lee <lee@yagibdah.de> wrote:
> Steve Litt <slitt@troubleshooters.com> writes:
>
>> A) Tell everyone it's a moderated list
>> B) Send the poster a short reason why his post has been moderated.
>
> It would be against RFC-821 to silently drop messages.

That's why RFCs aren't/shouldn't be consider hard standards.

But, anyway, see RFCs 2821 and 5321 as well, noting such entries in
the headers as obsoleted-by and updated-by, and remember, "Request For
Comments", even though many news sources insist that these things must
be considered standards. (I know that's a lot to read and remember in
one sitting. I don't remember/understand it all, myself, either.)

(But in this case, absolutely requiring a response would be building a
DOS and potential privacy vulnerability into the message
infrastructure. The RFCs really should be stored with a summary of
relevant comments.)

--
Joel Rees

Be careful where you see conspiracy.
Look first in your own heart,
and ask yourself if you are not your own worst enemy.