Re: Bash usage: was implicit linkage

2014/10/12 23:07 "Andrei POPESCU" <andreimpopescu@gmail.com>:

> On Sb, 11 oct 14, 21:40:49, Steve Litt wrote:
> >
> > From my viewpoint, shellscripts were never intended to be big, huge
> > programs. To me, they just glue together commands, and have a few
> > rudimentary branching and looping constructs.
>
> Isn't that like buying IKEA furniture, but when you get home you realise
> all those little plastic bags with screws and mounting pieces are
> missing? I will say this:
>
>     Any program that requires additional scripting just to get it
>     running is insufficiently advanced.

s/advanced/customized/

Or you could talk about the difference between the jobs of distributor and integrator, if you're completely anti-DIY.

>  [...]

Although, some of us don't really care all that much for IKEA furniture.

Joel Rees

Computer memory is just fancy paper,
CPUs just fancy pens.
All is a stream of text