Re: Using PuTTY with Debian GNU/Linux Systems

On Sat, 11 Oct 2014 08:44:51 -0400 (EDT), Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Oct 2014, 07:34:06 -0400 (EDT), Stephen Powell wrote:
>> The idea of a wiki article is to document how to use Debian, not how
>> to fix Debian.
>
> But I assume you did file bugs ;)

Well, the fact that xterm-utf8 is missing from the dircolors database
of terminals which support color is arguably a bug.  It represents
an inconsistency between two packages.  ncurses says it supports color,
coreutils says it doesn't.  I haven't reported this as a bug yet, but
I will, unless someone else has already done so.

But my proposed new terminal type, xterm-256color-utf8, is arguably an
enhancement request, not a bug.  From my point of view, its absence
represents a "bug" in that there is no terminal type definition which
adequately describes my terminal.  But from the package maintainer's
point of view, it's an enhancement request.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell    <zlinuxman@wowway.com>
 : :'  :