Re: XFCE4 Power Manager Brightness Panel Plugin

On 10/06/2014 09:41 PM, Jape Person wrote:
On 10/06/2014 10:49 AM, Lars Noodén wrote:
What needs to be added or configured to get a brightness slider or other
brightness control for the backlight?
I think at this version they switched from using a notification area
applet for the power manager and eliminated the old display brightness
applet from the items available for the panel.

Try adding xfce4-power-manager-plugins to the panel. You should see a
display brightness setting in the menu you get when you left-click on
this item in the panel.

I've also got xfce4-power-manager-plugins 1.4.1-1 installed. Adding it to the panel gives me only battery status.

There should also be a checkbox on the Xfce Power Manager dialog's
Display tab that might re-enable your display brightness buttons.

I've rummaged around there again. There are four tabs in the power manager dialog (general, system, display, devices) and though some can turn off the screen or put the machine into hibernate or suspend, none seem to offer the option of changing the display brightness.

Maybe it's in another package.

Regards,
/Lars