Re: XFCE4 Power Manager Brightness Panel Plugin

On 10/06/2014 10:49 AM, Lars Noodén wrote:
I've got xfce4-power-manager 1.4.1-1 in xfce4 on jessie and would like
to find a way to dim the LCD backlight.  I'm not seeing a brightness
panel anywhere like this one:

	http://docs.xfce.org/xfce/xfce4-power-manager/brightness

nor does the backlight respond to the usual shortcut keys for dimming.

What needs to be added or configured to get a brightness slider or other
brightness control for the backlight?

Regards,
/Lars

I think at this version they switched from using a notification area applet for the power manager and eliminated the old display brightness applet from the items available for the panel.

Try adding xfce4-power-manager-plugins to the panel. You should see a display brightness setting in the menu you get when you left-click on this item in the panel.

There should also be a checkbox on the Xfce Power Manager dialog's Display tab that might re-enable your display brightness buttons.

HTH,
Jape