Re: Moderated posts?

On Wed 08 Oct 2014 at 15:37:18 -0400, Steve Litt wrote:

> On Wed, 08 Oct 2014 15:24:11 -0400
> Ric Moore <wayward4now@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On 10/06/2014 05:42 PM, Steve Litt wrote:
> >
> > > Personally, I think the right way to moderate a list is:
> > >
> > > A) Tell everyone it's a moderated list
> > > B) Send the poster a short reason why his post has been moderated.
> >
> > Sure! GREAT IDEA!! Now, who wants to spend their free time wringing
> > their hands and emailing out notices to notify someone who ought to
> > be intelligent enough to know when their behavior has gone overboard,
> > that they have indeed gone overboard?? Personalized emails? Gimmie a
> > break as by then you have already pulled the moderator's chain. And
> > you want special niceness just for you, too?? <grins> Ric
>
> No problem, just don't killfile incoming messages. Problem solved.
>
> But if you *do*, then say you did it and say why. Otherwise, don't
> killfile incoming message.

>From less than 7 days ago:

 [🔎] 20141004120721.20751331@mydesq2.domain.cxm">https://lists.debian.org/[🔎] 20141004120721.20751331@mydesq2.domain.cxm

   The first thing I did when I got here was redirect about
   ten people to /dev/null. That was the only way I could
   have stayed here.

Looks like a clear case of "do as I say, not as I do".

How easily principles get watered down or adjusted to suit self-interest.