Re: Debian nolonger claims to be the "Universal Operating System"

On Sat, 04 Oct 2014 12:31:43 +0100
Tony van der Hoff <tony@vanderhoff.org> wrote:

> On 04/10/14 12:14, Lisi Reisz wrote:
> > On Saturday 04 October 2014 11:44:43 Tom Collins wrote:
> >> Worthless trash. They need to be stopped, deposed.
> >
> > This sort of thing makes me so angry.  Is "Tom Collins" "Gregory
> > Smith" by another name?
> >
> > Please, ban anyone whose "discussion" descends to this low level.
>
> It's probably best to just ignore/killfile these trolls, Lisi. They
> revelin the attention they get.

You know, Tony's right (in every respect except characterizing
anti-systemd people as trolls). If you really can't stand their
messages, why in the WORLD would you subject yourself to their posts?
Why you don't redirect my email to /dev/null is a mystery to me.

:0:
* ^From:.*slitt@troubleshooters.com
* ^List-Id.*\debian-user.lists.debian.org
/dev/null

I think we can all admit it, Debian-User is a rather mean, rude list.
Within one or two replies, the discussion is on the poster's
personality, not on what he/she is saying. The first thing I did when I
got here was redirect about ten people to /dev/null. That was the only
way I could have stayed here.

If your true desire were to hear nothing more about systemd, you could
simply killfile me, both Joels, Jerry, lee, Reco, Gregory, and maybe 10
more people, and your hearing about systemd would decrease by a factor
of four. Additionally, your continuing protestations couldn't be used as
a recruiting tool for the anti-systemd folks.

But nooooooooooo!

What am I missing?

SteveT