Re: Moderated posts?

On 10/06/2014 at 10:43 PM, Nate Bargmann wrote:

> * On 2014 06 Oct 16:45 -0500, Steve Litt wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Several of my posts to lists.debian.org have not made it to the
>> list, as defined by both my inbox and the list archive. These posts
>> all had something in common, and it was *not* swearwords or
>> gratuitous personal insults.
>
> Same here.  I posted a reply to this message yesterday:
>
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2014/10/msg00262.html
>
> My post did not make it through nor into the archive.

I similarly posted a reply to a subthread in one of the recent visibly
offensive threads (explicitly Subject-marked as a subthread, and not
actually discussing the ostensible topic of the main thread), and that
reply never made it to the list AFAICT.

> I strive to make reasoned posts free of insults, attacks, and foul
> language.  Apparently the topic was sufficient to have this occur
> for the first time in many years as a subscriber of this list.
>
> It bothers me that this would be done quietly.  I would accept an
> announcement to the list that filters were being put in place to
> restrict posts on some given topic.

Same here, on all accounts. At the very least, if a message I send to
the list is not actually going to be posted, I would expect a reply
(whether human-initiated or fully automated) indicating that the message
is not going to be posted, and preferably including some explanation of
why.

--
   The Wanderer