Re: Wifi works again. Should I post bug reports?

On Lu, 06 oct 14, 01:40:23, Hendrik Boom wrote:

> Against network manager and wifi radar that they should warn the
> sysadmin on installation or upgrade that there will be a permissions
> problem, and what to do about it.  Only a month or two there appeared
> to be no problem with permissions.

In Jessie network-manager uses libpam-systemd to do this automagically.

> Against wicd that the package dependencies should specify that it
> conflicts with the network manager, forcing aptitude to uninstall the
> network manager when wicd is installed.  This conflict is mentioned on a
> few relevant web pages, but not on others.  I see no reason why it should
> be possible to install both.

It is possible to have different network interfaces configured by
different managers, just to give one example. The other one is simple
switching between them.

Kind regards,
Andrei