Re: Re: Downloading sources from an unsigned intranet repository

On Mon, Oct 06, 2014 at 02:00:42PM +1000, Stuart Longland wrote:
> >> Even though I tell apt-get to force download of the package sources
> >> (which, I might add, I can personally vouch for as I put them there), it
> >> refuses to do so because the package repository is unsigned.
> >>
> >> Now I *could* organise a gpg key to sign the repository with.  I have
> >> administrative privileges on the machine concerned.
> >
> > So it worked before and has suddenly stopped working for no reason?
>
> Pretty much.  I don't recall having an issue with this in the past
> including with Ubuntu 12.04 which is more or less a similar vintage to
> Debian Wheezy.

I don't know what can be the cause of your trouble, but if this trouble
has just started happening then something must have caused it. Since
this is on your personal intranet, then only you can be the best judge
of what this may be. I'd look at config file changes, or package
updates.

> When I search, many of the complaints are dated earlier this year.

Have you got any links to these complaints?

> Now for whatever reason, if I want to *install* those packages.  No
> problem.  It'll ask whether I wish to install them even though no one
> can vouch (digitally) for them.
>
> However, it fails to ask the same question when I tell it to download
> the package or its sources.

So seems to only affect the "deb-src" parts of the repository?

> This behaviour is inconsistent, as well as painful.

Unfortunately, I personally don't run a local repository and therefore
can't help with the specfics --- but hopefully someone on this list will
recognise the symptoms and 'chime in' with some suggestions.

oppressing." --- Malcolm X