Re: Re: Downloading sources from an unsigned intranet repository

>> Even though I tell apt-get to force download of the package sources
>> (which, I might add, I can personally vouch for as I put them there), it
>> refuses to do so because the package repository is unsigned.
>>
>> Now I *could* organise a gpg key to sign the repository with.  I have
>> administrative privileges on the machine concerned.
>
> So it worked before and has suddenly stopped working for no reason?

Pretty much.  I don't recall having an issue with this in the past
including with Ubuntu 12.04 which is more or less a similar vintage to
Debian Wheezy.

When I search, many of the complaints are dated earlier this year.

Now for whatever reason, if I want to *install* those packages.  No
problem.  It'll ask whether I wish to install them even though no one
can vouch (digitally) for them.

However, it fails to ask the same question when I tell it to download
the package or its sources.

This behaviour is inconsistent, as well as painful.

Regards,
--
Stuart Longland (aka Redhatter, VK4MSL)

I haven't lost my mind...