Re: Jessie netinstall CD on very limited internet connection.......

On Mon, Oct 06, 2014 at 04:26:48PM +1300, Chris Bannister wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 06, 2014 at 11:48:54AM +0900, Joel Rees wrote:
> > Okay, looking at the OP's descriptions of the problems, should we ask the
> > OP to go ask the release team whether an old netinstall image for testing

No. Although it has nothing to with the release team, more likely the
debian-cd team.

But see this:
https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2014/10/msg00002.html

Even the installer is in beta and asking for testing, so on that info, I
wouldn't even bother worrying about reporting issues with past netinst
images.

> OK. In this case the OP should alter the sources.list to point to the
> actual repository pertaining to the netinst.
>
> Look at http://archive.debian.org/README

Ooops, got the wrong end of the stick. Just noticed the Subject refers
to Jessie. Mea Culpa!!

Jessie is a moving target, I personally would download the wheezy
netinst image and install that. Why does the OP need Jessie which is
uodated constantly when only a limited bandwidth is available?

oppressing." --- Malcolm X