Re: PuTTY tips for Debian users

On Sat, 27 Sep 2014 03:34:58 -0400 (EDT), Jonathan Dowland wrote:
> On 27 Sep 2014, at 02:48, Stephen Powell <zlinuxman@wowway.com> wrote:
>>
>> PuTTY currently does not support 256-color mode.  See
>>   http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/wishlist/256-colours.html
>
> That page indicates that putty had supported 256 colours since 2004.
> I was sure I had used them when I last used putty (a while ago).
> It's right that little client software uses the extra colours:
> I configure mutt to use the extra greyscale range for increasing
> or decreasing the prominence of mailing list posters by sender.

Right you are!  I didn't read far enough.  I assumed that since it
was listed on the "wish list" page it hadn't been implemented yet.
There is an "xterm+256color" terminal type in ncurses, but not an
"xterm+256color-utf8" terminal type.  Someone should create one.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell    <zlinuxman@wowway.com>
 : :'  :